Thursday, June 2, 2011

Siem Reap's Catholic Church




After watching the sunrise by Angkor


We had to head back to hear Mass for my birthday


They only have 1 mass everyday and it was at 6:30 in the morning




I was pleasantly surprised that in this dominantly Buddhist country


I can still find a Catholic Church


It was small and modest


but somehow gives you a real connection up there




I was even touched that the nun came up to us & asked me to read the reading


And thought what a nice gift and honor from above




There were like 15 of us in that small chapel


4 from our family


and several really small children that I can assume the nuns were taking care of




It was simple, solemn and sincere


It's heartwarming to know that despite the minority


They still keep loyal to their faith




In these times where the world's direction and moralities


are justified by comfort and worldliness


It is encouraging to see steadfast men & women


who stay true to their journey to holiness




God bless His people.

1 comment:

  1. Hi I am a tourist here in Siem Reap. I am trying to find a catholic church for worship too but am not sure about the time for mass service. Can you shed some light? Thank you and God Bless.

    ReplyDelete