Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Pleasantry is alive

lotus flowers, my hubby arranged for this


the ever reliable staff of dela Paix


the one on the right was my "butler", even going to several churches (he's not familiar with the difference between Catholic & Protestant Church) to find me a Catholic Church


getting me a 110v transformer just because I didn't want to plug directly in a 110v outlet (go figure!)


and etc, etc






One of the things I took with me was how pleasant and warm Cambodian people are


Part of traveling is getting to know the culture and history behind the place


And knowing that, I am quite amazed how people with such a painful past


can be so positive and giving


They seem to have this innate desire to serve and please




I tell you, one time we had a meal at the restaurant and when I was asking for the check


Waitress comes and tells me no need because we didn't eat a lot!!!




Huwhattt???




Even at the airport, we were supposed to pay 25USD each exc for 1 which was child rate


I was just asking them if I can pay by credit card


So I can use for my mileage


Then they answered something I didn't understand


So I repeated if credit card okay


they said no credit card


machine is broken


We were going to pay the dollars then


when the lady just said, never mind


you may go in




Huwhattt???




Will that ever happen in Manila????




I guess being pleasant has its perks




And just like the memory of our stay , it is always the thing that sticks.




Always believe!


Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment