Saturday, June 18, 2011

Brownie Points to Be a Cool Mom

watched Green Lantern at Rockwell





My son treated his friends to a movie and dinner yesterday


I was the sole chaperone




Being a teenager, he was very picky who to invite, what to do, where to go




The day before, he even asked me, rather, instructed me not to ask questions


from any of his friends



Oh-kay



I answered, "I will let this go just because I know you're a teenager


Can I ask what they want to eat?"


"Yeah, that's fine"

So, we are now going through that stage where I might say something embarrassing



Yes, it does happen



When they were kids



Everything I say was gold




Well, truth be told it's not bad


But he does speak up his own mind now


But I still try hard to be considered a cool mom


Well, if you're cool , you don't need to try, right?



Hey, it's my relationship with my son we're talking about!






His friends even vote for me on stylebible, haha


Without him or me knowing it


One time I was in school and his friend said,


"Tita , I voted for you, twice"



How cute is that?




So I always tell him, I am cool


Your friends think so


But then again, I'm a mom


So it was really a high for me yesterday


When , while his friends were choosing what flavor of gelato they want


He hugged me and said, "You're the best, Mom!"


And he just kept thanking me for being cool!





Yahoo! I scored big points!



I've always wanted to be that cool mom


Disciplinarian but hip


Strict but approachable



And yes , nothing beats being cool in front of your TEENAGED son



Biggest compliment ever!



Cool mom signing off!












No comments:

Post a Comment