Friday, July 2, 2010

Hongkie in the city










lovely time w/ Pat Tam


Had afternoon tea with my friend, Patricia ,last Thursday.
Pat was also one of my colleagues at my first and only corporate job together with Lills and my bridesmaid, Joey.

As fate would have it, Patricia married a Hongkie the same year I got married and moved to Hong Kong.
And the story goes of my wonderful Hong Kong experience and the solid friendships created.

Pat is also the godmother of my youngest.
We got so close in Hong Kong since we're both starting our married lives in a foreign land.

She saw how our flat evolved and was one of the first to be my fan in interior design.

She's now a stay-at-home Mom but was a successful career woman in HK.
She was working for Businessweek!
I was so proud of her. A Filipina making it.
I remember how she was the one who taught me where to shop wisely in HK.
At first, I would shop at the known and establised places til she said, let me take you to where real Hongkies shop.
And from that day on, shopping wise, I was a true blue Hongkie, thanks, Pat!


One thing I like about this world, no matter how often people move, people change
It's up to people to nurture relationships and friendships.
And through that whole expat experience of living overseas, we have managed to keep in touch and nurture our friendships.

Thanks, Pat for coming out and seeing me.
We may not be in our twenties anymore and are both in our 40's
but nothing has changed about our understanding of each other.

Now you know why I love Hong Kong,
It gave me most of my best souvenirs in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment