Friday, July 23, 2010

Girl Scout's Promise

What I anticipated as a busy day turned out to be light.
After my morning Friday routine of going to Mass
Did some organizing around the house
Went to my new gig but can't reveal til September
My fabric shopping with 2 clients got cancelled
Left me free the whole afternoon


Wanted to spend time and go out with the kids but they'd rather play with their friends
Can't beat football
Went out alone and purchased school supplies
School's starting soon
will have an empty nest for 9 hours everyday again
hence am so happy with all the things I'm involved in


The thing about this time in my life
I have planned it in a way that the first part
will really sacrifice my own career
and be a full time mom
though through it all
I've always been active and involved
I always volunteer

Now that the kids are bigger and more independent ( we raise them that way)
I have so much time to do things I want to do
Am just thankful for all the blessings that come my way
Am also blessed to do things I love and enjoy
without sacrificing my time with my family

Everything I'm involved in
I get to have the say when am available
And that I am so grateful for

Like what I always believe in
Life is about choices
and where you plan to head to
Would sometimes give you surprises
you never expect
both good and challenging
but isn't that what life's all about?

So, plan ahead
I was a girl scout
and, yes, a troop leader
I always carried that mantra
"always be prepared"
'Cause life is one big roller coaster
and you want to be on top when it finds you

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment