Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I don't just kick balls

Yesterday, after my CCD class
Went to pick up my youngest
His sched is so full
He already had varsity practice from 1:30 - 3:30 p.m.
then they had "socials" for team building after that
And, yes, as a Mom, I think I can say it
He's still an honor student

I was never an athlete
So, I never fully understood the joy it brings
My son told me when he's playing soccer
he doesn't get tired (he's also in the basketball varsity and his tennis coach gearing him for competitive play)
I guess, since he enjoys it that much

So yesterday, my eldest and I wanted to go home after CCD class
And told him, I think he had enough time of playing

In the car, he seemed quiet and I know it's because he left earlier than everyone else
And that is already almost 6 p.m.
So, I asked him, "Do you really enjoy kicking?" (was trying to tease)
And I was dumbfounded when his maturity overpowered mine
with a response
"I DON'T JUST KICK BALLS, I PLAY THE GAME"

And there I was, 40 years and my 9 year old son just proved
I have a lot to learn about life.

Well then, keep playing the game.
It does you good!

No comments:

Post a Comment