Monday, March 21, 2011

Earthquake alert!

We had an earthquake tonight
We were about to have dinner and I suddenly felt dizzy
Kinda like you're being rocked
Kids and I stayed together
And honestly, my reaction was not to hide anywhere
I'm kinda confused anyway what with all the info regarding earthquakes
In the olden days, they tell you to hide underneath a table
or door jambs
Such is not the case nowadays

All we did was, we prayed
Beats anything
Kids and I, after the Japan calamity happened
have been trying to discuss the proper logistics
where to go for cover
what to do
how to prepare
but at that moment
I was quite calm and all I could think of was pray
to guide us, to protect
After several seconds, it stopped

I think my kids were scared
though I must admit, my youngest has admirable faith

At the end of the day, we can prepare as much as we want
But things happen when you least expect it
People in Japan were doing their everyday thing
maybe at work, at home, sleeping, in the train, whatever
when it hits, it hits
though we should prepare for eventualities
what matters most is we should everyday be prepared
Live life to the fullest
For us to try to always be a blessing to this world in little and not- so- little ways
Be at peace
And try to always have a clean soul
Because whether it's tomorrow or 50 years from now
It pays to be ready
Sometimes, we need to be reminded
We're in this journey
to reach a final destination anyway

Life's good, live it well.
When lived well, what's waiting is even better.

Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment