Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Rubble


So, in between the indelible smell of cement
and rubbles all around
This is my normal life nowadays.
I am living in exciting times
So exciting that my contractor is the last person I text
and the first one I call in the morning
It is now in my every bone
I am 100% hooked!
I guess it boils down to personality
I can never do something mediocre
If I know I can't commit
then I'd rather let go
than do something half-heartedly
Over dinner
Kids were asking me how construction's going
Told them, really good
My 8 year-old asked
How's the dream team
I said, oh yeah, architect said,
am the perfect project manager
Keeps everyone on their toes
Tough in a subtle way
Funny what my 8- year-old replied
Are you sure they're not just saying that?
I go, what for?
Scared they'll get in trouble with you
How perceptive can an 8-year-old be?
Or does he know his mom too well? haha
All in all, was a very good day
Had a meeting with a client in the morning
then proceeded to our own construction
Picked up my son, lunch at Rockwell
Picked up my other son
Rested at home
Meeting at 5
Home by 6 and everything's done
Everyone satisfied
I do live in exciting times.
Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment