Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Mrs. W


Yesterday was my first day to teach
I have never been that nervous, EVER, in something I have to do
I've always been confident about anything & everything for as long as I remember
Thanks to my parents esp my dad who always believed in me
I can face the most intelligent, famous, respected, most handsome/beautiful, richest
person in the world and I would know what to say
I never get intimidated
First time yesterday
and I'm not exaggerating
that I actually felt insecure
How will I teach 8 year olds about the most important topic of all?
I volunteered to teach catechism to kids from international schools
Kids, for me, are the hardest audience
How can I impart these values to them knowing
these can help them become better human beings someday
Teaching is indeed one of the hardest jobs in the world
I got to know the kids in so many levels yesterday
And honestly, got to know a side of myself a bit more
The kids couldn't pronounce my name
So one girl asked if it's okay to call me Mrs. W
I like that
I think it's cool
And I think it's sweet
Lots of people call me differently
I would know from which time or place
I know a person by how they pronounce my name
So 10 years from now, when I'm at the grocery store
and I hear someone call out Mrs. W
I would definitely know that that was a student
And I just hope he/she has grown into
an amazing, faithful, good- hearted adult
I sure hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment