Friday, August 27, 2010

Geeky side of me

After Mass went to my son's affair in school
Usual funfare
then met someone who's also a good girl
never smoked, doesn't drink and loves fashion
a geek, like me, in disguise

Another thing which is interesting about people
how it's human nature to judge someone by their looks
When I was younger
In grade school, people would always describe me as intelligent
I think, all my life, that's how my parents described me
When they have friends over, they'll always tell tales of my awards
I had many at such a young age
Hence, I have an air of confidence, sometimes arrogance, if misunderstood
Only intelligence can do that
I don't think beauty does


As I grew into womanhood
Especially, when I got married
My husband would always come home telling me
How this person or that tells him he has a pretty wife
Or that they love how I dress up
And I would always tell him
Hey, I'm so much more than that
Do they know am this, blah, blah, blah


At a recent private party
where all the guests were intellectuals
And I felt like the youngest and only "fashionista"
we got to talking about politics and the state of the country
And how several U.P. people were helping them with ideas
Told them am a U.P. graduate
No one seemed to pay attention to that
I had to blurt out my all time "I'm more than average and I have
something to prove it" line
Oh yeah, I was a topnotcher in Civil Service
Wow, did I impress them!
And yes, I had to say
Hey don't judge me by my exterior


Guess what, got an email from a mayor
asking if they can pick on my brain
the things I say...


Yup, another thing I will venture in
Just hope, my bragging wouldn't disappoint
Wish me luck
or better yet
Wish that town luck!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment