Sunday, May 19, 2013

My mom's gown!

after the wedding last Tuesday


2 years ago at the Romeo & Juliet ballet, CCP

I figured this gown deserves a post as it was my Mom's gown in the 70's
She wore it to my coronation (yeah, yeah, laugh now)
as Little Queen of our Parish
and 36 years after, the fabric still looks good 
Quality of most of the things before are really better

I had it re-worked by my modiste
It used to be a loose cowl neck
I had her make it one-sided and added the beads
We also trimmed down the sides to give it shape

And of course, my Mom always feels happy when I tell her I wore it to
somewhere special

Now, that's true blue upcycling!




2 comments:

  1. As always, you look chic in that beautiful gown! You must have looked cute and pretty when you were crowned little queen back then....Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I still remember that night vividly, hahaha.

    I even had a cape, it was a pretty nice gown, I must say, my Mom had good taste! She designed it!

    ReplyDelete