Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Pioneer

My mom on the phone with my brother


Quickly visited her today, I had no make up on



Happy Mother's Day to all you great Moms!




We visited my Mom quickly this morning


My eldest wasn't feeling so well


So we couldn't possibly stay longer




What's nice about my Mom is she never pressures us to be there


If you can make it, come


If not, then no worries




I was tempted not to visit


Since I have a valid reason


My son not feeling well


She lives quite far


so she understands




But then I got to thinking of all those times


That she sacrificed for me


Raising us to the best she could


Gave her all for us, even sacrificing her own career


She's a dentist by education but didn't work


So she can focus on raising us




I know it was so worth it


Fortunately, we all turned out the way she would have wanted


Even my own husband asked


How my mom raised me


He salutes the way she has (his opinion)




So to the woman


who is the most unselfish person I know


Who has an enormous heart and is my No. 1 fan


Always there to support me and believe in me


The reason why I have so much faith and confidence in myself


The reason why when my own children ask me why I'm such a good mom


I always answer them the same thing


"Lola was such a good mom too, that's where I got it from"




Thank you, Mom


For the guidance and inspiration


For knowing when to compliment us


and knowing when to tell us the brutal truth




You continue to be a voice in my decisions




You are the best and you're one of a kind


And as I get older


Your value just gets higher and higher


May I be half as good a mother


as you have been and continue to be




Happy Mother's Day to a real hero!
I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment