Friday, June 18, 2010

I want my ATM

photo credit : my 8 year-old
clutch bag from Aranaz, given by my friend, Anne Gonzalez

photo credit : my 12-year-old
Unlike me, my son doesn't like parties.
I sometimes have to beg for us to do something on his birthday.
So, since he likes paella, among other things (he's a real gourmand, by the way)
we decided to have a casual dinner at Terry's Selection (Pasong Tamo Ext)
Eversince, my husband & I always thought about unique and original gifts to our kids.
Something not only lasting but will teach them lessons.
This year, since he's already 12, decided to have him own his own ATM account.
Went with him today to open an account under his name and wherein it's him who signs
No dad or mom
Explained to him the values of saving and keeping track of his balance
He loves it!
He feels grown up and responsible.
And of course, cool!
Gives him some kind of independence to decide on his own.
Wonder what could top that feeling for Christmas...
Happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment