Monday, August 8, 2011

Come fly with me

my voucher


this was already around 10 a.m., it tamed down already






I've been saving up my swipes for a free ticket to Europe


HSBC has a promo that for every 10k peso purchase


Save 5 of those and you get a free trip to HK


Save 10 and you get to go for free to Beijing, etc


Save 15 and you take a pick whether Europe, U.S., Australia, New Zealand, or South Africa


You have to save these swipes within 3 months to avail of the promo




I never read promos before


I only found out last May when while in the American Women's Bazaar


the husband of the head of Credit Card Div of HSBC asked me if I was saving swipes


Su-wipes???


Then he told me all about the promo


To which I replied, why did you tell me only now, I was building !!!




To cut the story short, from that time on


I was a raging lunatic, thinking of ways how I can get those swipes


And hear this, my level-headed Swiss husband was in it with me




Levelheaded as he is, of course, he already advised me


Not to buy just for the sake of swiping


Du-huh, of course, then better just buy the ticket!


We have to purchase things that we really need




I got lucky cause


School fees and association dues came at this time


and the rest, well, I don't need to tell you, hahaha




So yesterday, as early as 6:30 a.m.


I was already at Cathay Pacific


August 8 was the last day of this promo


They have a new one buy one take one together with the swipes


It was a party!!!


Some people apparently were there since 10 the night before!


It reminded me of registration in U.P.




They opened around 3 or 4 a.m.


6:30 a.m. wasn't bad, my number was 428


they were quite organized really that day


I heard Friday was baaadd


Some also were denied for fraud like splitting, etc




So finally they called my number


Presented my swipes


And I got my free ticket to Europe


Thing is won't use it this year


Rest of the family have busy scheds


Am the only one who can fly ANYTIME, hahaha




Oh did I tell you I also got a free ticket to HK already?




Gotta hand it to them for this promo




Save your swipes and come fly with me!




Disclaimer: The proper use of credit cards is to pay off in full so as not to pay interest. Don't spend for things you can't pay in full. Save first before purchasing. Learned that from a Swiss guy I used to date, wink , wink, who I live with now, and date from time to time :).








No comments:

Post a Comment