Thursday, November 4, 2010

Home with a view

casual set-up, serving take out Chinese food from Eat Well








our home with a view
One of the last dinners I will probably host in this home
As I am gone the whole day
Site inspection and meetings in the morning
then catechism class in the afternoon
Decided to just serve take out food from Eat Well
Had a wonderful time
talking about life, the world
and just about anything one can think of

I have hosted countless parties and dinners
at this home of ours
I love entertaining
My guest, last night, asked me
if I would miss the place
to which I replied a ho-hum answer
We've moved countless times
as it's part of the expat life
In Bangkok alone, we moved 3 times in a span
of 2.5 years!
The thing we've done to always make it feel at home
despite the difference in country or location
was have the same pieces
When we started out, we never bought stuff for the sake of it
We always waited til we find the right one
Hence, we plan to keep the same stuff in the new home
Interesting how it would look in a totally different perspective
I am so at home in our home
I love it
It still evokes a feeling of warmth & coziness
I still enjoy looking at it to this day
Being greeted by the greenery of the golf course in the morning
while being hypnotized by the skyscrapers at night
and the cars moving by the flyover
It's lovely, mesmerizing
and comforting
It is home
It was in the past 6 years
and it will , in my memory,
Forever be

No comments:

Post a Comment