Monday, October 4, 2010

Fairy godmother

at the site


Sorry for not blogging lately
Yes, been pre-occupied with the construction
Lots of things to decide on
I have to step up as plans are not complete
So I am now my own client
My husband & I are basically designing the whole thing
My husband tells me
Workers must say why I'm always there
I'm there before them so I can check when place is quiet
I would ask them to remove tiles if not installed straight
even a millimeter not straight, I can tell
I check mistakes in plans
and have on occasion asked them to remove walls
Through it all
I told my husband
But they like me
How do I know?
I make sure to compliment good work
and correct mediocre ones
I talk to them like we're
all part of a team
They learn from me
And I've learned a lot from them
And the ultimate proof that they don't mind a meticulous boss?
One of them already asked
if I can be godmother to his child.
To which I replied, sure kumpare!



No comments:

Post a Comment