Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Daddy's girl

top and pants: ZARA, belt : Gap


I love the rain
Yea, am not one of those people who complain when it's raining
I actually enjoy it
kinda romantic
and besides we need water
Today's my dad's death anniversary
Visited him
What's interesting about heaven and earth
is that no matter how diverse both seem
and how spiritual the relationship is
You really feel the ubiquitous presence
of the one you love
I talked to my dad and filled him in on things
Was always a daddy's girl
I got a lot of my qualities from him
My being organized and neat?
He's even more organized and neat
Compassionate, caring, supportive
Super intelligent
I remember we would watch Quiz Bee as a kid
and he would compute the answers mentally
He was exceptionally good in Math
He's the type that my teacher is wrong and he's correct
to which my teacher after I cite my dad's correction
will retract her initial answer
I even had purple clips before
that had "Daddy's girl" engraved on it
In my world
I would only describe my dad
in the superlative degree
So as poetic as it seemed
I had one on one talk with him
lighting the candle while balancing the umbrella
Rain on the burning candle
Amazing how it still burns through the rain
Talked to my Mom
when I got home in the evening
and she said my candle burned to the last wick
And I thought
Even with the rain
Nothing can stop the light
my Dad gives
What can I say, I am still a Daddy's girl

No comments:

Post a Comment