Saturday, July 2, 2011

Mistaken identity

After lunch at Antonio's
We did our usual thing in Tagaytay
Buy fruits!
Then plants but today just got a planter, no plant
We brought my hubby and MIL home then kids and I went to Rustan's
Have a wedding next Sunday and didn't want the registry to have a limited choice
But alas, there were a few left
So, I was my stubborn self of getting a gift I thought would be nice and not the
trash bin , picture frames & spatula that were left

Rustan's is my fave store and people there know me
Funny how my painting classmate's daughter-in-law who used to work in Rustan's
told my classmate , she knows me because I'm always in Rustan's
My husband, years ago, went shopping with me and said how come everyone knows you?
I said, Oh I always window shop here, hahaha
Yea and they know your name?
I don't know what he's wondering about, this is the case even in Hong Kong

Salespeople know me!

To cut the story short
My good sales attendant , Phat, from WMF, assisted me
Told her just tell the guy from wrapping section to give it to the guard downstairs
They know me

When I came down
Guard said, "Ma'am , is this yours?"
I said yea, didn't the guy tell you?
Guard said, Ma'am he said, the tall lady( come again?) wearing (guy describes what I was wearing) , and a foreigner
I get that a lot! ( not the tall part, hahaha)

I look so Filipina but when I shop they speak English to me
in Rustan's San Antonio, when I buy grocery, they always ask me for my diplomat card
When I lived overseas, no one thought I was Filipina
Another Asian but not Pinoy

I really wonder cause I can be poster girl for Pinays
Oh well, still a mystery to me
Why people mistake my nationality

What is it that makes them think I'm a foreigner...

Hmmm, any ideas? Would love to know!

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment