Friday, April 16, 2010

When patience is rewarded

Remember my post "How a story unfolds"? Well, I know, I know, I've been quiet the whole week, been busy going to home depot, hardwares, meeting suppliers for the "space".
Remember also when I said, how I wish you guys get some good surprises this week?
Wow, I did!!!
I always join raffles.
I'm the type to patiently write on the raffle stubs from the grocery or even currently at Mercury Drugstore! But never had such luck. I remember my mother-in-law telling me years ago, "so you're one of those people who fill them up" , I said, "yes, you'll never know".
Well, I got this text from Rustan's stating that I won a Melissa bag from the recent Shop & Spa event! I was so excited and told my husband. His first reaction was, "You sure this is not a fluke?" I said, NO!
Well, here's proof that patience is a virtue.
I got my first prize from a raffle draw.
I know, it's such a cheap thrill but winning is winning.
The cheap thrill that wow, my effort , however trivial paid off.
The cheap thrill that hey raffles are legit. Haha.
The cheap thrill, as per my husband, that my shopping gave me something back in return, haha. I thought that was funny.
And the cheap thrill that fairytales or whatever people call it nowadays do come true, in big and even the most trivial circumstances.

And that, for me, is always a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment