Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Here comes the bridesmaid

w/ my bridesmaid , Joey Gerber
dinner at Bistro Filipino

I got married almost 13 years ago , lived in 3 different countries, met so many different kinds of people, different nationalities but it's always heartwarming when I see my dearest of old friends.
Joey was my bridesmaid at my wedding. Our friendship started with a common "crush". Well, truth be told, no one ended with that "crush" but we both have pretty happy marriages in our resumes.
Our friendship even blossomed when we were both based in Hong Kong. I , as an expat wife, she as a flight attendant. She was always there for me and vice versa. She even would sometimes sleep over. I still remember the good old days of my wonderful life in HK. We got so close that I asked her to be the godmother of my eldest. He's only got 2 godmothers, so it just shows how special our bond was.
Distance, changes in life, she would still visit me wherever we're based. We've kept in touch through the years.
She's now based in the States, saw her last was 2 years ago when I visited and now it's her turn.
It's good to know that distance and time , no matter how far and fast, do not change precious and solid friendships.
We were together today for I guess 3 hours but that's enough to sustain us for our next meet and greet.
Oh and by the way, our common crush? Between you and me, he had a crush on me, haha.
Sorry, Joey, just had to rub that in.
Have a safe flight and see you sometime soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment