Friday, April 15, 2011

The Story of my Dress

This gown was sewn the night before the wedding!

There's a story to this gown

It was made the night before the wedding!!!

I am one of those women

Who is lucky enough to have my own cutter/seamstress

I don't really need to go to a designer

since my seamstress is a very good one

Months before the wedding, been texting her

But she never showed up to our appointments

Until a week before the date!

She asked me to buy a chiffon fabric

which I objected to

but she said I don't have a gown yet with that fabric

So, I let her talk me into it


Until...

I saw the gown and it looked like curtain!!!

I just couldn't wear that thing!

So I had to tell her how it's not me

and that I won't feel comfortable wearing that, blah, blah, blah

I saw her concern when she suggested

Ma'am , I'll just make you a new one

I didn't think , at first , that it was a good idea since

it's the afternoon before the wedding!

She might not show up!


To cut a long story short, she delivered the dress

at 8 p.m. that night and fit was perfect!

You know what she said?


She was able to finish my dress and do it herself, not her staff

because she didn't get a single call or text from her other clients

Even from the one whom she was supposed to meet with

She said , she couldn't believe how that happened, there's no day where

she doesn't get a text or call


And she said how amazed she was!


I got goose bumps when she was telling me that story

I believe in angels

And it just amazes me that even with something

as trivial as what I'm going to wear

The angels work hard to make me comfortable and stress-free


And all I could think of was

It pays to believe...


Have a blessed Holy Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment