Friday, April 15, 2011

My brother's wedding

photo taken by my 9-year-old
w/ their cousins
my hubby was godfather



The last of my siblings to get married

Everyone's now settled

Since we have the groom

All preparations were done by the other team

We basically just showed up

My husband was one of the godfathers, I was commentator in Church

and our youngest was Bible bearer

Weddings are always a merry time

Seeing relatives and family friends

Relatives came home from the States

just to witness this special occasion


As I was watching my brother walk down the aisle with my mom and older brother

I can't help but remember my dad

He must be smiling to know that finally his youngest found a partner

Can't help to think about our wedding too


We had a beautiful wedding

We even had a horse and a carriage as our bridal car

To this day, people talk about it

My mom even said a friend of my brother's who just visited from the States

and was one of our groomsmen at that time

Said our wedding was his dream wedding

And that was 14 years ago!



But you know what

more than the beautiful, well-planned wedding

the Forever part is what couples signed up for

Weddings are just a prelude to the work one needs to make it work I had my dream wedding, yeah, I got the one which I dreamed about

when I was still a little girl

But come to think of it, didn't get to enjoy that much

all we did was take photos with people

Beautiful and yes, perfect as it was

I didn't have so much fun

It was really for other people

I am just glad

That I am having fun in my marriage.

And that's where it really counts.


Stay in love!

No comments:

Post a Comment