Saturday, December 4, 2010

L.A. Confidential

Day 1, Dec 2

Am in Los Angeles right now
typing in my uncle's home
It was an unexpected trip
as it was an unexpected passing

Got the news Tuesday afternoon and booked a flight right away
Left Thursday
Amidst all the obligations I need to attend to
I hadto leave
for my family
to pay our last respect
for my Mom's dearest brother
our Papa Don
He passed away so suddenly
that my Mom was just shaken
And I just had to go and pack up

So am here now
Flew in thousands of miles
to see him one last time
half here half home
but after seeing my cousins and tita
I am fully here
in the moment
feeling, consoling, and
glad that I make decisions
out of my first instinct
cause that is why I live my life
with no regrets

But when you really think about it
Life is just full of surprises
We need to be ready anytime
We need to consciously give our best everyday

Unlike me who needs to travel thousands of miles

My uncle's home.

Rest in peace, Papa Don.

2 comments: