Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Night in LA with Brandie & Roy

 w/ Brandie David-Kaneshiro
 our cotton candy with foie gras
 w/ Roy & Brandie
 the Bazaar's ladies' room
The Chef, Jose Andres, is the "real" (Brandie's term)  protegee of El Buli chef, Chef Ferran

One of my favorite couples to hang out with is the Kaneshiro couple, Roy & Brandie
Met Brandie 16 years ago when we were both bridesmaids to a common friend
Though Brandie studied in IS for gradeschool/highschool then went to Boston College onwards
We have maintained our friendship through all the changes in our lives

Funny thing was, when we were both laughing at our bridesmaids' dresses, we got to talking about her hometown, Los Angeles
Told her, 16 years ago, that I would vacation there and stay with my uncle in Torrance
Turns out, she was the Brandie which was the prom date of my Cousin Donnie, haha, small world
and that my uncle was super good friends with her family
The rest is history...

They would take me out (even before they became a couple) when I'm in the States
and they would visit me everytime they're in Manila
even in Hong Kong once!

We had dinner at The Bazaar at SLS Hotel
Brandie knows where to take me and the kind of places I would enjoy

Thanks, Brandie & Roy, can't wait to get together again!
If only LA was not a plane ride away...

2 comments:

  1. I love your outfit! Fits you so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Got that on clearance sale at Anthropologie!

    ReplyDelete