Friday, August 10, 2012

My found lamp!

 saw this in a magazine (either Veranda or Elle Decor )  AFTER I saw the lamp below

 my found lamp!  Love it!



Before the continuous rain, I was doing some redecorating and went to have some shades of my lamps changed
While in the store, being my detailed, OC self of asking the sales staff to try on several shades
The owner came out to chat with me
Probably sensing am not one they can get rid of right away, haha
He started talking to me about how the company was started
Which people and hotels they supply to, etc, etc
He even made me use his computer inside his office!!! (yeah, got too excited and wanted to show him some sites of lamp inspiration)

Half an hour later
I was still at his shop, deciding on the sconces I want to have made for our guest bathroom
I can be quite makulit when explaining my vision
That he offered to show me their factory

That's when I saw this old, old lamp, am not sure if he said antique (antique needs to be at least 100 yrs old)
but really old
They found it and want to copy or something
So, I guess it's not for sale

Days later
I called and asked if he would sell it to me
I guess you know the answer or I won't be blogging about it, haha
Yup, he said yes and will refurbish it and do whatever I want to be done

Then I came across the 1st picture from a magazine and thought, it's a keeper!
I love it when I come across originals like this
Can't wait to see it refurbished and hanging in our home.

Smile, Mr. Sun's out!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That lamp looks absolutely beautiful! Would love to own one myself. (Mommy Marie - hope you don't feel like I am stalking your site - I really am, hehehehe). Looking and reading at your past posts just makes me feel good. Please keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks much! Didn't get the Mommy Marie part though.:)

    You inspire me to blog. til the next post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, just letting you know that I am Mommy Marie, your avid fan/anonymous commenter.

    ReplyDelete