Sunday, December 11, 2011

Why don't you




My students wrote these messages after class. Our topic that day was about talents/gifts.


My students wrote this on the board


In CCD (Continuing Catholic Development), we discussed gifts/talents

I really enjoy teaching and getting to know how children perceive the world

Our discussions are never boring

Always insightful, at times noisy and most of the time funny


So last time, we were talking about gifts/talents

I asked each and everyone of them what their talents are

Interesting how children
perceive themselves and what they think they're good at

It can be as trivial as eating

or one even said, his talent is annoying people

to which I said, a talent is a gift to oneself and others

It should be something that give joy not only to you but to your family, friends, people around you


I don't believe in false humility

I believe that if we're good at something, we should always share it

Parable of the talents

Keep striving to be the best person one can be

in all aspects


So I was so touched when my students wrote this on the board just after

I dismissed them

Though this is a volunteer job
I feel like am compensated everytime


Whoever said teaching was a thankless job

I think I have just been paid til retirement!


Enjoy Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment