Saturday, December 3, 2011

Friends y angels




my message to my dear friend, Ana Antonio


her very understanding reply


Okay, okay, you might get the impression that I go to every single invitation I get

On the contrary, I do say no to a lot if schedule doesn't permit

Or as everyone knows, family is priority

I do lunches, meet with friends while kids are in school

and when I cover events, it's usually from 6 p.m. to before 8 p.m.

Most of the time, I'm home by 8 p.m.


My good friend, Ana Antonio

who's one of the sweetest I know

Always, I mean always sends invites

be it her birthday, post birthday, socials

fashion, beauty events, you name it

She invites me


So last time she called to invite

I said, I don't have a driver still and not mobile

I don't really relish the thought of riding the cab

So, as usual, she says I will pick you up

To which I would reply, oh but I'll just be corny cause I would want to go home early
To which she would insist, if you want to go, driver will bring you home


Unfortunately, leaks happened

the rest, is self explanatory in my text


Everyday, I see kindness from people around me

Especially friends

I remember just last week, my co-parent Karen

who I bumped into when I brought my youngest to school

Offered to bring my eldest to school since she knows I don't have a driver

She said, "Your angels are always watching over you"
Yes, and I see them in my wonderful family and friends


Thank God for creating people who give friendship a great name.

And always be the best friend you can be

People will treat you the same

The kind of friendship you get is a testimony on the kind of friend you are.


Enjoy your Saturday!



No comments:

Post a Comment