Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Everydayflair loves Hong Kong...

Dim Sum, Sing Woo Road, Happy Valley

As a former local, I kinda know what I'm talking about when I say this is the best dim sum place in HK.
Even Gwyneth Paltrow promotes this in her blog - http://www.goop.com/ , go to GO then HK.

When I was pregnant with my eldest, I would eat here alone 3x a week. The place is always full and you need to wait to get a seat. NEVER did that. The attendant would always remove a reserved sign for me! Even when I visited with the whole family years ago, she still took out a reserved sign and made us have a table! I just love the food and the people!
Everytime am in HK, this is a must go. My old neighborhood, my old dim sum place, still my favorite restaurant of all time.


The Kee Club, Wellington Street, Central


Lucky us for knowing the right people, hahaha.
Our good friend , Jan Svoboda (Thomas' old friend way back in Singapore) is the Managing Director/Partner there, so, of course, he invited us to dinner.

It's a members only place, exclusive , if you know of someone who's a member, ask them to bring you.

Again, Ms. Paltrow promotes this in her blog - goop.
Kevin Spacey was supposed to come that night but I was so sleepy , couldn't stay and wait.




Alfie's (Alfred Dunhill) by KEE Club, Prince's Bldg
w/ Jan & T

Most of the best meals I've had are with these two guys. As hoteliers, they always have access to the best restaurants in town.

Alfie's as in Alfred Dunhill is very English, clubby interiors, run by KEE Club.
In Prince's Bldg, opposite Landmark, Central.







Public transport, the tram

One of the things I loved about life in HK is the accessibility and the public transport
Trams, double decker buses, mini buses, MTR, red taxis, you name it, you're sure it's safe and clean and you get a good view of the city
Makes such a huge difference







grEAT Cafe in Pacific Place

A decade ago this was just EAT, if memory serves me right
Now, it's called grEAT
Reminds me of Wholefoods in the States though not all organic
Lots of choices for easy, fast dining
This is where you eat when you need a break from shopping








Michael Wong (outside Dim Sum)

How can you not love a place where moviestars just roam the streets
Michael Wong was a neighbor of mine, we lived in Happy Valley
Would always see him around when we were living there, sometimes alone, sometimes with his wife
I even saw Chow YunFat inside the tram one time
People don't mind them
I didn't mind them til I got a BLOG!!!
Would not do this but hey, am thinking of my readers, hahaha
Saw him just outside Dim Sum and asked for a photo
My husband had to tell me, "I thought you weren't like that?"
Me (defensively): "It's for the blog!"













HK Airport

What's there not to love
Clean, spacious, modern, well thought of architecture
I can be here for hours and be alright















the vibe and energy (to Times Square, Causeway Bay)

Would frequent this place as this is so close to our old home
Too many people of diverse origins that everyone blends
I just love the spirit!

More to come in the next posts...

No comments:

Post a Comment