Thursday, September 8, 2011

Angels and the Jackie I know





New Year's Eve 2009









What I thought was a non eventful day turned out to be serendipitous

Started by waking up with less enthusiasm

Didn't get my 8 hours of sleep

Then hubby & kids left

Organized a bit then went to my board meeting in our previous residence

Yup, still on the board there but not for long

Went home then picked up my youngest in school


Greeted Mama Mary happy birthday

and prayed in the chapel


My eldest was supposed to ride his carpool

Their turn to bring him home

Being the controlling freak that I am

I reminded everyone involved

My son, the teacher, the carpool


So around 4 p.m., was wondering why they're so late

and figured maybe carpool was late

Then teacher texted me that carpool left him

Huwhat???

I have no driver right now!


So mom of carpool called and said her driver forgot

Teacher texted and said she arranged for a classmate to bring him home

So, I was okay, but was wondering what's taking them a long time


Then got a call from one of my closest, best friends, Jackie Laudico

"Jack, what's up?"

She goes, "how are you?"

"Waiting for J to come home, his carpool left him"

Jack: Yeah, saw him walking alone

Me: Huwhat? A mom's supp to bring him home. He doesn't know how to cross the street!


So I hang up and tried calling my son

Just to make sure he's safe

He doesn't pick up my calls nor answer the texts!

From where Jackie saw him, he needs to cross a huge, busy road


Then got a call from Jackie

"Mare, got him na, he's okay"


Oh thank God!

Thank God that He really sends angels around us to protect us

I got goose bumps when I was telling my kids that in the chapel today

I greeted Mama Mary happy birthday and asked to keep them safe

And you know what, Jackie said, she rarely passes that way

And just by chance, looked at the rearview and saw my son


She calls it serendipity

I call it God's hand


Everyday, I feel His great guidance and love

How can I not give glory back to Him?

Thank God for a friend like Jackie

Certainly as classy as her namesake


Thank you, Jack

And thank you God for always without fail, making your presence felt.

And happy birthday again, Mama Mary!



















No comments:

Post a Comment