Friday, February 18, 2011

Just got lucky!

Christmas has passed, New Year's, Chinese New Year's, Valentine's Day and I only get to blog now. As I have mentioned before , computer's broken but for some luck, it's intermittently working, and the only person who could make it work is my eldest.

I had to make an effort to write this morning 'cause when my hubby came home from an event last night, he said, someone told him, they miss my blog.
Another comment I got from the husband of my friend, "hey, my wife misses your posts".
Even the nurse in my son's school wonders why there are no updates. So here I am, on a Saturday morning, making extra effort before I go to the carwash day at my son's school then Art in the Park.

My hubby and I are not techie people so we're planning to change to MAC but we're relying on our 2 boys to help us understand the applications, haha.

Last entry I promised to write down my friends' reactions and comments on our new place but maybe later, I kinda forgot most of the comments, hahaha, except those that they sent thru text.

Anyway, went to a press conference yesterday with Nacho Figueras as the guest, the Ralph Lauren model/polo player. Don't really know what I was doing there as I cover the society pages , well, what can I say, I guess it's meant to be for Nacho & myself. Heard that as per Vanity Fair, he's second to Brad Pitt as the most handsome man. I must say, he looks better on screen, it's when he moves that he gets more interesting. Again, it's really the personality that makes the man.

Enough of that, this week, I also attended "Are you smarter than a 4th grader" in my son' s school. Was a lot of fun being with the co-parents and the kids , as always, kids outsmarted the parents. Funny thing was, the parents were more nervous than the kids, hey, they're living the 4th grade life, hence, still fresh in their minds whereas how long ago was 4th grade? ahmmm, yeah! those __ decades ago. We didn't do bad though.

Thing was, students get to choose which parents they want to be partners with, and yea, those without parents, well, I got chosen several times, which I jokingly added, "I was never a wallflower". Needless to say, but yea, I want to say it, I did give all the right answers, of course, us parents coached each other.

When my son got home, I asked him, why did your classmates choose me? He goes, I don't know, I was telling them not to choose you anymore but apparently his seatmate told him, they all like your mom, awww, isn't that cool to be hip, hahaha.
One classmate of my son even made me in one of their school projects his hero, go figure! My son said when they were doing this project, you know , Mom, ____ also made you one of his heroes. To my surprise.

What's the essence of all my blah blah talk? It's the analysis again that just when you think you're just living your life , you don't know how many people you affect. Just by saying hello to someone and giving a smile, you don't know how much the other end appreciates this.

Simple things, effortless things but turned great when the heart is in it.

Everydayflair is back!
Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment