Friday, February 25, 2011

Just Another Soccer Mom

My fave read, always look forward to reading this
watching my son play soccer
I'm a soccer mom
I'm a basketball mom
I'm a tennis mom
I'm a tae kwon do mom
I'm a varsity mom
Yeah, a lot of your identity suddenly loses when you enter motherhood
Well, in ways such as, you are called the mom of ____
Or like my sched has to accommodate my children's activites first and I am blessed to do things which respect that
Here I was
On a Wednesday afternoon
as I didn't have CCD class
Watched my son play soccer
He's a varsity player in school
So you can imagine the time he spends playing soccer
Official and not-so-official
Every afternoon, we would play soccer together
He laughs at how he can always steal the ball from me
And I know he treats me as a girl when playing
If you know what I mean
He's very gentle and tries not to hurt my ego
though I am no match for him
I do enjoy learning from him
Though I am not so athletic
I am good at giving moral support
Just like what all moms do
I can't wait to cheer for the first game!

No comments:

Post a Comment