Friday, February 25, 2011

Art without a face

It's interesting how art nowadays can just be anything
Art, is one of the interesting pleasures in life, and, more interestingly, it's subjective, so they say

I love life
I love people
I am the type who never lets a day pass without learning something from the most mundane to the most essential
Let me just share with you how funny and interesting that this plywood provision I have for my mirror was , on several instances, mistaken as art
Well, mistaken , if that is the right word, but then again, art is everywhere

Even more so, 2 of those people who thought they were art were artists
Highly regarded even
They thought that this plywood was art and they even liked it!
Kinda like Emperor's New Clothes childhood story
One even suggested that just keep it the way it is
Love it
Love it that it just says so much about art nowadays
Love that people see things differently
Love that you can make people see anything if they already have a preconceived notion about you
Love that beauty abounds in the eyes of the beholder no matter how simple it is

So, there's my temporary art
Wonder how Sotheby's will regard it
Enjoy your abstracts!

No comments:

Post a Comment