Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Is there an unselfish deed?

Today's Wednesday
Am on my 2nd year of teaching CCD (Continuing Catholic Development)
Last year, I thought will just try it out
Since my son was anyway going too
If you read the blog regularly
You remember how nervous I was about teaching kids
After awhile, you gain confidence
You get your own style
You get your groove
And you get to know and love the students
It then becomes easier, fulfilling

When I signed up again this year
My hubby asked, he thinks I sign up for too many pro bonos
I said, yea, am enjoying it
And part of it is am saving up points
til I get to that desired destination
the one that doesn't involve credit card points, haha

So today, it was raining so hard
And I just let go of my driver so no one to drive me
Such a shallow predicament, you might say
But in Manila, it can be if you're used to it

Was I tempted not to go, yes
Especially since it was raining bad
And my son's varsity practice got cancelled
So he's home early
It was tempting to stay home and be comfortable
and not take a cab

But then, one's gotta do, what one has to do
The guard got me a cab, no problem
Off I went to class
I even had another class join in cause their teacher was absent

I taught, we discussed, had activities, played games
Class ended
Mom came over to me and said her daughter always looks forward to CCD class
Another mom said, her daughter said she has the best teacher
Is it worth it?
You bet it is!

So while in the cab going home
I thought, it was worth going to class today
I enjoyed it
I feel good
Which made me think of that episode in Friends about doing an unselfish thing
When we do good things, we feel good, does it become a selfish act?
Nah, we do it without the intention of feeling good, it is after the unselfish act is done
that the good feeling comes in

Whether unselfish acts turn to selfish satisfaction
I want to look at it as a win-win situation

Happy middle of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment