Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Reminiscing

A street in Marbella, Spain


outside a tapas bar


w/ C as a toddler






the boys enjoying the simplicity of life






koala sweater given by my in-laws, souvenir from a trip to Australia










kangaroo sweater






















our young family vacationing in Spain


While talking to my Mom on the phone this morning

I told her how different the world was when I was growing up
I wanted to blog about growing up in the 70's

but while trying to search for an appropriate photo

I chanced upon these old photos from our vacation in Marbella, Spain


How young our family was then

It is still young but the children then were simpler (note: you can dictate what you want, haha)

Enjoying the environment

Not knowing anything about technology

I can still make them wear sweaters which resemble costumes

Simple


Now, a trip to the barbershop is even an issue

Especially with my eldest, I cannot tell him anymore if what he's wearing is off

Yeah, the style gene of mine seems to have escaped him, haha


I remember this Marbella trip where T & I wanted to have a nice dinner

We had to take turns eating since C had to be fed

And J was sleepy

They can't even finish their food


Now when we go out and travel

This doesn't happen

They even eat more than us

And mind you, order the better ones too
Part of the enjoyment of traveling for them is culinary

How things change


One of the things why I love pictures

They just make you remember how things were

Appreciating what you have gone through

Remembering wonderful times


But also, it makes you appreciate what you have now

Making new memories, making a new wonderful

To which when I look back in 10 years time

Will be the new remiscing.


Happy Thursday!










No comments:

Post a Comment